Tam Coc is located in Trang An Scenic Landscape Complex which was recognized by UNESCO as a mixed natural and cultural property. Tam Coc is one of the most favorite spots in Ninh Binh thanks to its towering outcrops sweeping up from serene rice paddies.
Bich Dong Pagoda is an important religious place for the locals in the region. It comprises three structures: Ha (Low), Trung (Middle), and Thuong (Upper) pagodas in ascending order at the side of a rocky mountain. It is nice for a hike up to visit the three structures. Inside each pagoda, looming statues and the smoke of burning incense create an otherworldly atmosphere. From the top, there are some incredible views of the countryside.
- Admire the amazing scenery of limestone formations by riding sampan boat through 3 limestone caves
- Embarking a 90-minute bicycling tour on backroads of rice fields, lotus ponds and villages.
- Visit an old Buddhist pagoda built on the sides of rocky mountains.
- Enjoy a flexible itinerary and customize your own route, getting insider tips from your private driver
- Enjoy a Vietnamese lunch with local specialties.
In the morning
Depart from your hotel in Hanoi early in the morning, the drive to Ninh Binh province takes you about 2,5 hours through the fertile land of the Red River Delta.
Upon arrival, you will take 2-hour sampan boat trip at Tam Coc (Three Caves). This area is considered as “Inland Halong Bay” featured with karst formations. It is very beautiful scenery along the row with vertical sides of Limestone Mountains and rice paddy-fields. The local rowers will take you gently through three beautiful limestone caves with hundreds of stalactites above your heads.
Back to the dock and transfer to a local restaurant for a Vietnamese lunch.
In the afternoon
After lunch, you will jump on a bike for a stunning ride along the back roads through the beautiful scenery of towering karsts on the ground of ponds, rice paddies and rural villages in the area.
On the bike, we will have as many stops as you want to take photographs. One of the stop is Bich Dong Pagoda. Bich Dong pagoda is an important religious place for the locals in the region. It comprises three structures: Ha (Low), Trung (Middle), and Thuong (Upper) pagodas in ascending order at the side of a rocky mountain. We will take a slow hike up to visit the three structures. Beside learning about the local belief, you will get a beautiful view when you reach the highest one. Thence, we pedal back to where we start.
About 3:30 PM, we get back on our private vehicle and take the afternoon drive back to Hanoi. Arrive in Hanoi and finish the trip at your hotel.
- Private air-conditioned transportation
- Private English speaking tour guide
- Sightseeing and boat tickets
- Vietnamese lunch
- Bottled water on the vehicle
- Government taxes and service charge
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and other meals
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses and others not mentioned clearly above.
For more information about Ninh Binh tours, please visit our website. Have a nice trip!
Admire the amazing scenery of limestone formations by riding sampan boat through 3 limestone caves