Located just 140 km to the South west of Hanoi, Mai Chau valley has spectacular mountainous landscape dotted with house-on-stilts villages of the Thai ethnic group. Further off roads, here and there you will find isolated Hmong communities on mountain sides. This three-day trip offers a glimpse into the life of Thai and Hmong people in Vietnam, with a combination of cultural sightseeing and soft adventure activities.
- 08.00: Depart Hanoi at 08 00 am for a 2 hours heading south-west of Hoa Binh town, where we will visit a Muong village.
After having met the local villagers, drive back to Hoa Binh town for lunch.
We continue driving to Mai Chau and arrive there late afternoon. Check in the local homestay at Lac village. The rest of your time is free at your leisure to explore the village by your own (L/D)
Distance: 145 km
Time: 4 hours
Day 2 : Mai Chau – Sa Linh – Ninh Binh
- 08.00: After breakfast, we drive for an hour to the Hmong village of Sa Linh where we will spent an hour walking around to see how the people of this isolated village do business and make their living. Return to Mai Chau for lunch. Then drive downhill to Ninh Binh.
- Overnight at hotel in Ninh Binh (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Distance: 120 km
Time: 3 hours
- 08.00: Start at 08 30 am, we drive for half an hour to Hoa Lu – Vietnam former capital, where we can visit the Dinh and Le sanctuaries.
You can take an optional walk up 200 steps to see King Dinh’s tomb & panoramic view of the region.
We then move on to Tam Coc for a 2,5 hour boat trip along the Boi river. Along the way we will visit caves and ancient temples. After lunch we can make a visit Bich Dong Pagodas before making our way back to Hanoi. Bich Dong pagoda was built by the collective and missionary works of 2 Buddhist monks: Tri Kien and Tri The. All three pagodas of Bich Dong have wooden architecture due to the architectural style of the time at the end of Le Dynasty and in the beginning of Nguyen Dynasty. They were arranged according to ascending order on the position of Bich Dong Mountain like a Chinese letter: “Tam”. Ha Pagoda (Lower Pagoda) is located at the foot of the mountain, Trung Pagoda (Middle Pagoda) is on a mountainside and Thuong pagoda (Upper Pagoda) is situated on top of the mountain. All 3 pagodas’ s backs lean against the mountain.
Arrive Hanoi around 16 00 pm. (Breakfast, lunch)
- Air-conditioned transportation by private vehicle
- Homestay at village & Hotel in Ninh Binh (2 *)
- English speaking guide
- All entrance fees and permits
- Meals as indicated in itinerary
- Reasonable supply of drinking water during the tour
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
For more information about Ninh Binh tours, please visit our website. Have a nice trip!