- Explore the 10th-11th century capital of Vietnam
- Paddle the caves of Tam Coc by traditional sampan
- Discover the grotto and pagoda temple of Bich Dong
- Savor the flavors of rural Vietnamese food
- Learn about the emperors of the Dinh and Le Dynasties
- Cycle along village roads, passing paddy fields
Explore Hoa Lu, former capital of Vietnam in the 10th and 11th centuries, and located 70 miles (120 kilometers) from Hanoi. Following a hotel pick-up from the Old Quarter of Hanoi, relax in air-conditioned comfort on the 2.5-hour journey southeast.
Upon arrival, see the 2 main temples of the former royal city, including the main temple to Emperor Dinh and the temple to Emperor Le in the foothills of the Den Mountain. Explore the historic sites of the Outer Citadel, seperated from the Inner Citadel by the limestone mountains.
Continue to Tam Coc for lunch at around at 12:30. After sampling some delicious Vietnamese cuisine, cruise the Hoang Long River by traditional sampan. Pass the curious karst mountains carpeted in lush vegetation, and paddle into hidden caves to see geological formations.
Next, cycle along quiet roads through small villages and rice fields to see the rocky outcrops of Tam Cốc-Bích Động. The gentle bike ride lasts for about 1 hour, covering a distance of approximately 3 miles (5 kilometers).
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- English-speaking guide
- Boat trip
- Entrance fees
- Lunch of local cuisine
- Bycle rental for 1 hour
What’s not included
- Travel insurance
- Tips and personal expenses
Pick-up is available for guests staying at hotels in the Old Quarter of Hanoi. If your hotel is far outside of the Old Quarter of Hanoi, please meet your tour guide at: 03 Gia Ngu Street, Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi.
Know before you go
Children under the age of 4 travel free if accompanied by their parents. A 50% charge applies for children aged 5-11. Children aged 12 and over pay full adult rate
At a glance
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
Live Guide: Vietnamese, English
- Pick-up from hotels in the Old Quarter of Hanoi
- Easy Cancellation
- Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
For more information about Ninh Binh tours, please visit our website. Have a nice trip!