Cuc Phuong national park is the oldest national park in Vietnam. Located only 120km southwest of Hanoi and nestled between the provinces of Ninh Binh, Hoa Binh and Thanh Hoa, Cuc Phuong boasts engaging cultural and wildlife heritage and enchanting scenery. Magnificent Limestone Mountains rise up majestically from the green rice-terraces and traditional stilt houses of the Muong hill-tribe. Covered in a dense forest they form a habitat for some of Asia’s rarest species. It is no wonder that researchers, naturalists, enthusiasts and conservationists alike are drawn to this corner of the world.
Cúc Phương is home to an amazing diversity of flora and fauna. Inhabitants of the park include 97 species of mammals, most notable endangered langurs; 300 species of birds; 36 reptilian species; 17 species of amphibians; 11 species of fish; 2,000 species of vascular plants, and thousands of species of insects. A number of species in the park are listed on Vietnam Red Book of endangered species.
The park is most famous for its pangolins.
Primates in the park include macaques, gibbon, François’s leaf monkey and slow loris. Other mammals include bats, porcupine, flying squirrel, small striped squirrel, belly-banded squirrel, and the rare black giant squirrel. In the past the park was home to Asiatic black bears, wild dogs, elephants, rhinos, and tigers, but over hunting and lack of prey have most led to the loss of these species. Leopards, clouded leopards, and jungle cats may still be present in the park.
- Explore Cuc Phuong National Park
- Visit the Endangered Primate Rescue Centre
- Trekking into the forest
- Pick you up at 8.00am at hotel in Hanoi, and then depart for Cuc Phuong national park towards to the Southwest of Hanoi, it takes about 2,5 hours(110km) to get to Cuc Phuong national park(It was officially opened in 1960 as the first national park in Vietnam).
- We will firstly visit the Endangered Primate Rescue Centre is a non-profit organization dedicated to the rehabilitation, breeding, research, and conservation of endangered primates, and to the protection of their habitats.
- After lunch, we keep going into the park central, stop to discover ancient human cave, have lunch at house-on-stilted in the park central.
- Taking a short trek into the National Park for sightseeing and learn more of fauna and flora in this oldest forest of Vietnam. We will come back to the Park Centre, then taking Car / Van to be backing Hanoi.
What’s included in this trip
- Transfer pick up and drop off at hotel
- English speaking guide
- All entrance fees
- Lunch at a local restaurant
What’s excluded in this trip
- Gratuities to driver/guides and other conveyance attendants.
- Excess baggage charges levied by airlines.
- Meal does not mention in itinerary & beverages other than specified.
- Laundry and other items of a personal nature.
- Personal and baggage insurance.
- Cost for anything not specifically mentioned in the listing above.
For more information about Ninh Binh tours, please visit our website. Have a nice trip!