What You’ll Do
- Visit the ancient capital of Hoa Lu
- Visit the King Dinh and King Le temples
- Explore caves on a sampan boat
- Bike around countryside villages
Overview of Full-Day Hoa Lu & Tam Coc Tour with Entrance Fees & Lunch
Visit Hoa Lu and Tam Coc and learn more about the northern Vietnamese countryside, history, and culture on a full-day tour. Hoa Lu is an ancient capital, and Tam Coc, which means “3 caves,” features karst formations and caves you’ll explore by boat.
You’ll depart Hanoi in the early morning and head to Ninh Binh province where you’ll visit the ancient capital of Hoa Lu. Later, on arrival at the Tam Coc wharf you’ll explore the caves by sampan boat. Cycle to Bich Dong before returning to Hanoi. A Vietnamese buffet is included.
07:45: Pick-up at your accommodation in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
08:15: Head out on the drive to Ninh Binh province
10:00: Arrive at the ancient capital of Hoa Lu
10:15: Visit the temples of King Dinh and King Le
11:30: Arrive at Tam Coc wharf
11:45: Buffet lunch featuring Vietnamese cuisine
13:00: Sampan boat trip through the caves
15:00: Return to Tam Coc wharf for a short break
15:15: Bike around countryside villages
16:00: Shuttle leaves for Hanoi
18:30: Arrive at your accommodation in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
Be sure to bring sunglasses, sun cream, and your camera. You’ll also need shoes and short trousers for the cycling part of the tour.
Please note that you will be sitting in a bamboo sampan boat for around 90 minutes, with a local rower, on the visit to Tam Coc Cave.
- Pick-up and drop off at your accommodation in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- Round-trip transport between Hanoi and Hoa Lu/Tam Coc
- All entrance tickets to sites indicated in the description
- Complimentary bottles of water on the bus
- Buffet lunch featuring Vietnamese cuisine
- English-speaking tour guide during the trip
- Biking from Tam Coc to Bich Dong
What’s Not Included
- Personal expenses and those not clearly mentioned as included
- Pick-up and drop off outside Hanoi’s Old Quarter